With over four decades experience in the industry and enjoying continuous growth, J Dunton Associates Ltd are recruiting for an experienced electrical engineer to work on electrical infrastructure projects in the data centre industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and join our team of experts, working together to deliver excellent value for our clients whilst continuing your own professional development.
JDA is a dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy who provides innovative and specialist design engineering services in the UK & overseas.
We deliver an integrated consultancy service for the design and implementation of building mechanical, electrical and control systems. With over 40 years’ experience, we offer impartial and objective advice from initial concept through to detailed design and supervision under construction.
We are experienced and trusted providers of innovative design ideas that support industry growth, encourage social responsibility, and deliver client satisfaction. We are committed to being industry experts, our enthusiasm for all aspects of engineering making us the team we are today and tomorrow.
- Enthusiastic about all aspects of engineering.
- Dedicated to delivering innovative design ideas to our clients and the industry.
- Approachable, motivated, and trusted.
- Focused on our continuous professional development & knowledge sharing.
- Committed to our team having a good work-life balance.
- Passionate about creating a more sustainable future.
- Having fun along the way!
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will have overall responsibility for Electrical Building Services design and consultancy on a project basis.
- As a Senior Engineer you will take responsibility for leading the team of design engineers on both major and minor projects whilst implementing strategic business requirements.
- Lead the high-level design reviews with the engineering team, developing, reviewing, updating, modifying and approving design plans and work schedules as required.
- Liaise with clients and other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Establish relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, other professionals, expanding your network.
- Maintain and improve existing engineering processes.
- Assist with business development by attending conferences, events and networking opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day engineering team on a project basis, including mentoring of team members.
- Assist in developing the document control processes and project reporting.
- Provide quality assurance assistance in the reviewing and checking of design deliverables.
- Work with the senior management team to shape the future of the business and develop effective strategies to further grow the business unit, taking an active role with recruitment.
- You will have autonomy to progress, grow and develop within the team, enabling you to unlock your potential without restriction and with a clear career progression path.
- Work alongside the company Directors to grow and develop the company brand.
JDA recognises the importance of attracting talent by offering competitive salaries and flexible working in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Flexible working (working from home or office, periodic attendance at our Ingatestone office will be required for collaborative work, training, and socialising.)
- Hours: Full-time (JDA offers a 4-day week with compressed hours)
- Paid authorised overtime
- Private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (there is an additional discretionary Christmas & New Year “shutdown”)
- 6% Employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Structured professional development with opportunities for career progression
- Access to holistic financial planning advice
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience of using Amtech and ETAP is preferred
- Proven experience working on Mission-Critical or similar projects
- Experience of managing teams of M&E Engineers and acting as project lead
- Minimum of 7 years postgraduate (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of dealing with utility power supply & DNO’s
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Navisworks
- Experienced with modern relay technology metering
- Good understanding of IEC 61850 protocol is desirable
- Knowledge of other engineering disciplines is desirable
- MV/HV experience is desirable, or having the motivation and willingness to learn
Willingness and ability to travel to EU, USA, and Asia. Full driving licence is required.
Please apply in strictest confidence with CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 24 November 2023.